|Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum|
1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape).
Who are the Victims? | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
7% of girls in grades 5-8 and 12% of girls in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.
|Republican and Tea Party support person-hood|
“A ballot measure going before voters in Mississippi on Nov. 8 would define :-
The term ‘person’ in the State Constitution to include, "fertilized human eggs" and grant to fertilized eggs the, "legal rights and protections that apply to people".
- Besides outlawing all abortions with no exceptions for, rape or incest or when a woman's life is in danger,
- banning any contraception that may prevent implantation of a fertilized egg, including birth control pills, the amendment carries many implications,
- It could curtail medical research involving embryos, shutter fertility clinics and put doctors in legal jeopardy for providing needed medical care that might endanger a pregnancy.
- Pregnant women also could become subject to criminal prosecution.
- A fertilized egg might be eligible to inherit money or be counted when drawing voting districts by population.
- Numerous laws use the terms '’person’' or ’'people,’' there would be no shortage of unintended consequences…